5 Reasons To Be Thankful For Online Private K12 Schools
This is the season to be thankful. Truthfully, we have so much to be thankful for as stakeholders in the virtual education community. This platform is just so forward….so amazing….so brilliant. I’m so thankful to be a part of online education.
1. My mother (and grandmother) always said, "If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all." But, let’s face it, everyone does not abide by that wonderful old saying. Indeed, bullying is a HUGE social issue students around the globe are talking about. Thankfully, K12 is taking a stand against bullying! http://www.learningliftoff.com/zero-bullying/ #zerobullying
2. The teachers rock! As a teacher, I’m a bit biased! However, there are no if’s, and’s or but’s about it. We are well educated. We are from diverse backgrounds all over the states and sometimes world. Most of all, we are growing as masters in our online education profession. The training we receive is top notch and I’m always impressed with our ongoing educational opportunities. Thankfully, K12 hires the best of the best educational faculty.
3. "How do you and your students have social interaction if you are at online school?" is the number one question people ask me when they find out I’m an online educator. I’ve heard it thousands of times. Thankfully, social interaction is built into our virtual schools! First of all, we have tons of clubs. From knitting clubs to school newspapers to running clubs and even classic clubs like National Junior Honor Society. Additionally, social interaction happens daily in live interactive classes, with other students, from the awesome teachers (mentioned above). Lastly, but certainly not the end of methods of social interaction at school, many times you see your teachers face to face through a live one on one video/audio conferences.
4. Flexibility, flexibility, flexibility. Thankfully, K12 offers such vast possibilities for flexibility. O’ let me count the ways. I could write an entire blogpost about the ways you can have flexibility in online education. To list just a few flexible outcomes of virtual education: Students, you can catch up or get ahead in a course or two or all of them. You can school around your daily schedule during your school year. Have a training schedule or a flight to catch? No worries. Thankfully, you can take your school with you anywhere you go.
5. Que the sweet, emotional classical music. I’m thankful for you. My students, learning coaches and fellow teachers. I know it sounds so cheesy….but I say it in almost every class, "Thanks for being willing to learn. Teachers would be nonexistent without students who are willing to learn. So, thank you for attending today." Indeed, you are willing to learn, coach and teach. You are choosing to be part of this awesome online platform for education! For you I’m am thankful to be part of virtual learning!
What else do you want to add to the list? Why are you thankful to have virtual education at K12 International Academy or any other online school?